Friday, September 10, 2010

Mystical Creature


Flipping through the files today and this image caught my attention. This was an image from the Everglades trip earlier this year.

When I first returned from the Everglades I had been working on this image but stopped as I could not get the image in my head to match the one on the screen. Funny how that seems to happen over and over with ones work. You think it does not work and weeks, months later it takes on new meaning.

I seem to gravitate to water locations and had spent several days at this one - the structure of the rocks against the water kept drawing me back in and finally on the third day all the elements came together for this image. It was like being allowed to enter some mystical prehistoric parallel world.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes...

'No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen'......Minor White

No comments:

Post a Comment