Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Homage to Robert Frank

Homage to Robert Frank
On Sunday morning I was driving from Erie, Pennsylvania to New York on Route 6 which winds through PA to NY State....looking for fall colors to photograph - was a bit early - maybe a week or so...But route 6 offered up so many other images of dis-appearing America that the trip was a success...

I had just made a turn when I noticed today;s image out of the corner of my eye.....pulled the car over to the side of the road and noticed the gentlemen sitting in the store staring at me...maybe it was the NY plates....so I sat there quietly listening to sports radio (football Sunday) until he went back to his coffee....

Knowing that the person in the window was instrumental to the image I went with my 4/3rd camera and stealthily (is this really a word) shot form the window....After a few images he saw me and got up and walked into the back of the store....luckily I got the image I wanted....
Color or Black and White?

Now the question is color or black and white....

On a separate front Dodge and Burn make some neat photo t-shirts at a very reasonable price. I have a few and just ordered three more.....Here is a link to their website.....

PS: I do not get anything for this promo.....

http://www.dodgeandburn.com/

1 comment:

  1. For me the B&W is a timeless shot but the man disappears in it. The color version shows up the man more clearly but gives the image a date stamp. Tough one.

    ReplyDelete