Monday, September 19, 2011

Indianapolis Car Show


 Found another passion this last week - photographing antique cars. As mentioned in a previous post I am loving the reflections and detail on these cars.....the craftsmanship and TLC in these vehicles is awesome.


I had planned to leave Indianapolis early on Sunday when I learned there was a large car show at the raceway home of the Indianapolis 500. On Saturday there were over 3,000 cars but with the possible rain on Sunday there were only about 750 cars. There was no lack in quality....so I stopped by on the way out of town..NOTE: The overcast day made the perfect lighting to photograph cars...


In addition to the great color and reflections they cars are a trip down memory lane - saw a few cars I actually owned - a 55 Pontiac, 55 Chevy, 57 Ford and a few others. These vehicles are like old songs and made me think about where I was when I owned a particular car....


Today's post are a few posts from the 350 images made on Sunday...


The owner of the vehicle below actually drove it to the show.....


No comments:

Post a Comment