Thursday, August 18, 2011

Coney Island Cyclone

Cyclone, Coney Island
This is from the 'Point and Shoot' series.

Back in the day I always carried a Canon Anniversary film camera as I walked around New York City. MY film of choice was Tri-x at ISO 400. Never really looked through the viewfinder - just shot from the hip....call me old fashioned but I do miss the film days...I pulled out that old Canon the other day and just might put this into the travel gear bag....scanned film just has that look about it....you get all the benefits of shooting film without getting your hands wet....

A couple of subscribers have asked my what travel bags I use. There are several depending on whther I am traveling by ground or in the air...

1. Kiboko Bag - lightweight, great zipper pulls, major storage, good handle placement, fits the body well. The only thing I would change is to have a computer compartment for air travel....

2. Think Tank International Rolling Bag: Perfect carry on size for air travel. Plenty of space inside and with the low dividers you can place a laptop on top of the gear. They also make several cable management see through bags. Pack all cables in these see-through bags and it becomes much easier to get through airport security. Also, with this bag, you can set a backpack on top and wheel through the airport. The only drawback it that the pull handle is a bit flimsy - one has to be careful...not sure why an expensive piece of gear like this has a cheap handle but it does...

These two bags are my air travel set-up....when traveling by car I find the Kiboko and a computer bag are all I need.....There are times, when traveling by car, I bring a small camera bag when I need to move a few pieces of gear to a specific location -


No comments:

Post a Comment