Monday, November 21, 2011

Denver Roller Dolls Scrimmage

Derby Scrimmage
On my last day in Denver I was fortunate enough to be invited to shoot a scrimmage at the home practice facility of the Denver Roller Dolls. Fortunately as I was also allowed to shoot from the center of the track - something you really need to experience to understand what goes on out there during a bout. It is complete mayhem and I now understand why you need some experience before allowed on to that turf...

These gals work very hard and are totally dedicated to the sport....Me, I am looking forward to getting the opportunity to do this again.... For more images from this scrimmage go to http://harrysandler.com/Denver_Scrimmage/.
Pre-Scrimmage
I can't thank the Dolls enough for the hospitality shown to me in Denver.....I made a few rookie mistakes - Derby is much harder to shoot then I had imagined so I learned under fire....I really like the fast moving action and the blurs of color - sort of feels like rock and roll meets NASCAR....
Derby Illustration...

No comments:

Post a Comment