Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ireland, Farm Buildings

Ireland, Farm Buildings
When I first saw this scene I fell in love with the color and the cloudy sky. Also liked the juxtaposition of the background mountain against the foreground buildings. .

 After importing the raw image it just did not live up to what my mind was telling me I saw at capture - I don't really like the word capture but can't think of another word at the moment. Frankly, I am of the mindset that one can vaguely remember the color, but not exactly like it was.  - yes there are those who will say they can.

In the end the iamge seems to work being a bit more organic - I do prefer the detail in the less subtle color

The image below is right after import....
Orignal IMage

2 comments:

  1. Both are pleasing images, Harry. The greenness of the green in the grass in the "at import+ image is astonishing. It could only be Ireland. I suppose you were humming "Forty Shades of Green" to yourself, while taking this photo.

    I like what you've done with the final image, particularly the dramatic sky and the way the desaturation of the colors seems to bring out the detail in the brickwork and the mountainside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Shaun - sometimes hard to choose between the saturated color and making a statement with the image...this one never worked in deep rich color....maybe I wil try again one of these days

    ReplyDelete