Thursday, November 11, 2010

Leonard Cohen

Leonard Cohen - Beacon Theater

"I saw you this morning,  you were moving so fast.
Can't seem to loosen my grip  On the past.
And I miss you so much,  there's no one in sight.
And we're still making love  In my secret life.
I smile when I am angry,  I cheat and I lie,
I do what I have to do  to get by,
In my secret life.'



Leonard Cohen......
 

Change of direction today - back to the music.

I was moving images from one hard drive to another early this morning and came upon a Leonard Cohen folder from last year. It never fails to amaze me the value in going back, from time to time, over one's older images in the archives.

This image of Leonard was captured at his first concert in 15 years at the Beacon Theater in New York. At the time I was just beginning to get back into shooting live music events and for some reason never really felt good about the images. Possibly I had preconceived ideas about what these images should look like that I did not simply take them at face value. Whatever the reason I continually learn the valuable lesson of going back and taking another look...in the end I really enjoyed the simplicity of this image this morning and it seems to convey precisely where I was at with my work during this time period.

 OK, back to the archives....

No comments:

Post a Comment