Friday, February 18, 2011

Polaroid Type 55

Emilie, Brooklyn, circa 1995
 
"Only those who look with the eyes of children can lose themselves in the object of their wonder".........Eberhard Arnold

What a marvelous film Polaroid Type 55 was. You shot, peeled off the negative and carried it around all day in an 18% Sodium-Sulfite solution. When you returned to the darkroom  you would clear with Kodak Hypo-Clear, dry and print using an  enlarger. One could also contact print if need be. Polaroid Type 55 gave a great look to the edge of the frame...always different from frame to frame.

I think I read somewhere that a group is trying to produce a new version of Type 55....Let's hope they succeed.

Thanks to my friend Lori in Chicago for today's quote.

4 comments:

  1. Yup - that was Emilie back when....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny...I've been wanting to take shots of my 3 year old romping in white sheets for quite some time now, shots that I would convert in Silver Efex, and I woke up this morning thinking "today's the day!" (dunno why). Then I looked at your blog and see this. Now I'm double motivated!!! Thx Harry, big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it Spage...it will great to have those images 15 - 20 years later...My daughter is 24 now

    ReplyDelete