Monday, April 18, 2011

Gullfoss_Iceland


On the final day in Iceland last July I decided to rent a car and drive 90 minutes/120KM to see Gullfoss (Golden Falls). I had heard so much about this place all week that I simply had to see it for myself. And I was not at all disappointed.

From reading Wikipedia and a few other sources the story goes that a woman named 'Sigriour Tomasdottir' marched 120KM from Gullfoss to Reykjavik in bare feet to protest the building of a power plant at Gullfoss. Apparently she was successful and the power plant was never built. In many ways Gullfoss reminds me of Niagra Falls....

I have worked on this image since last year due to bad original captures and finally like the one posted today. Look for  several other views of Gullfoss to be posted in future blogs...

Captured with a Mamiya 645DF, 45MM Lens, Phase One P65+

1 comment:

  1. This one is off the charts wonderful. Jaw dropping. Makes me want to get my 'big girl' camera out to play. You are so full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete