Monday, August 23, 2010

San Francisco

'There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All this places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all'

Lennon - McCartney...........

Just spent two hectic days shooting in and around San Francisco.

Always like being back in San Francisco. I was dis-charged from the military in SF circa 1964 and the path of my life changed. Two friends from high school who had relocated to San Francisco met me and showed me around the city - complete with the local fare of the time. The actual moment that I decided not to leave happened on the drive down Lombard Street, arguably one of the most popular winding roads there is.

On Saturday I started off downtown on Bryant Street then on the Sausalito to have a look back at the Golden Gate Bridge. Went to San Rafael and had lunch with my buddy Rob Bleetstein who runs Pearl Jam radio then drove up to Point Reyes where I stayed until sunset....

Sunday was spent on route 1 south of Half Moon Bay - mostly near Pescadaro. There is a good deal of beach access and rock formations that are somewhat prehistoric looking...mostly I like what the Pacific Ocean has done to the smoothness and tonal value of the rocks.

Passed by allot of places and landmarks that made me think back to the 60's in Sn Francisco. Not much has changed around here - yes the landscape is different but there is that underlying San Francisco feeling that was and still exists.

Just arrived by bus into Eureka, California for a day in the Redwood Forest....

No comments:

Post a Comment