Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Death Valley

State Line Road, Death Valley
'To me, photography is an art of observation. It is about finding something interesting in an ordinary place. I have found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them'......Elliott Erwitt

There are times you are just in the right place at the right time.

I have spent many hours driving between Death Valley and Las Vegas - the key being to get to Death Valley as quickly as possible. You drive these roads and never notice what is off to the side of the road. And, once you have packed your gear for the trip back to Las Vegas you have a built in excuse for not wanting to stop. Wrong!!!!!

Recently I stopped packing the gear until Vegas was in my windshield and even then I sometimes wait until the rental car return.....The image above was made on one of these trips back to Vegas..... only this time I stopped. The old wise men say that when you think you have the image - turn around and see what you are missing. I learned to stop and look left and right of the highway -

Image made with a Canon 5DMKII, 16-36MM Lens, multi-image (4) panoramic stitch in CS5

No comments:

Post a Comment