Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Beatles to Bowie





"The Beatles to Bowie - The 60's Exposed' at the National Gallery in London put together some fabulous vintage images of The Stones, Bowie, Cliff Richard, The Bee Gees, TRex, Led Zeppelin, Lulu and Marianne Faithful to name a few. Also Dusty Springfield, THe Animals with Eric Burden and funny enough an image of Rod Stewart and Long John Baldry in Steampocket. 


All this made me dig into the archives for something I had already scanned from that time period, hence the Bob Dylan and Dave Van Ronk posted today. As far as I can remember this was a benefit show having something to do with Phil Ochs in New York City - late 60's I believe. How about that set list hanging from Bob's microphone. 


Tomorrow it is off to Glasgow by train (6 hours), and I am betting there will be some iphone moments just outside the window.


Oh, by the way, I guess left out a few names from the exhibit - band like The Who, The Troggs, Gerry and the Pacemakers, The Shadows and so on. Look it up on line and go see this if possible.  


Catch you all later...

No comments:

Post a Comment