Tuesday, May 25, 2010

John Mellencamp


As you all know I was a tour manager in the music business for almost 40 years. One of the artists I worked for was John Mellencamp.

Sometime in or around August 2000  John came up with the idea for The Good Samaritan Tour, meaning we set up and played acoustic shows in various cities around the country. We carried the smallest of sound systems, and John was backed up by only two musicians who played various instruments including the fiddle....

The tour started in Philadelphia and ended in Bloomington, Indiana. Literally we just pulled into town, went to the local park, set up and played, sometimes for two hours.

After the concert in Cleveland I was waiting by the bus when I saw this amazing scene moving directly at me. Always having a camera is a good thing - I really like this image - reminds me of that time back in the 60's when protest events were happening across the country.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great image Harry.
    I bet you have a lot of interesting images and people from your tour career!
    What a life! : )

    ReplyDelete