Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I have been making images of the American Flag for several years - always amazed at the many ways the flag is displayed and discussed. Here are a few thoughts on this Memorial Day.....

'I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag'........Anonymous Quote

'I wrote the script of Patton. I had this very bizarre opening where he stands up in front of the American Flag and gives his speech. Ultimately, I was fired. When the script was done, they hired another writer and that script was forgotten'...Francis Ford Coppola

'Martin Luther King did not carry just a piece of cloth to symbolize his belief in racial equlaity, he carried an American Flag'....Adrian Cronauer

1 comment: