Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Roger McQuinn


'So you want to be a rock 'n' roll star?
Then listen now to what I say
Just get an electric guitar
Then take some time
and learn how to play'............Roger McQuinn

Roger McQuinn, early 1970's, , co-founder of the musical group 'The Byrds'. One of my all time favorite albums, yes albums, was 'Sweetheart of the Rodeo'. Sweetheart, released in 1968, gets credit for being the first country-rock record recorded by a major artist. Special guests on this record were Gram Parsons and Clarence White. Great listen if you have the opportunity.

PS: I know some of you are receiving this blog instead of the iPhone-antics blog. There seems to be an issue with Blogger where I can not separate the two blogs and only sends the 'hsandler.blogspot.com' daily blog.  For the time being you can go to iPhone-antics and subscribe via the 'Networked Blog' dialog box on the left. Will advise when I finally get this situation corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment