Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yosemite Still Life

A bit of a change today - instead of a majestic iconic view of the valley this image was found inside adying, decaying tree trunk. The actual size of this still life is maybe 18 inches wide by 12 inches tall.

Minor White once said that 'the image would remain still for the photographer it has chosen' and this particular image fits that statement perfectly.

What Attracted me initially was the animal-like figure protruding from the rocks. Later when looking at the image on the I realized that the three rocks surrounding this figure were actually the photograph and most likely what attracted my eye in the first place. At first the pieces seemed to be off kilter but in the end the three rocks balance this image perfectly - seems like the rocks are keeping the figure from falling on it's proverbial face...GUESS WE ALL NEED THAT IN OUR LIVES....

Enjoy.....

PS:L I am spending the end of this week in Santa Monica - I have been obsessed for years with making an image of the pier that makes sense to me...I think the pier touches my childhood growing up  in Atlantic City.

No comments:

Post a Comment