Saturday, February 20, 2010

Santa Monica - Day 1


The weather was not what I wanted today although I did manage to  make an Iphone capture of the Santa Monica Pier just after sunrise this morning - i was hoping to get a bit of fog to hide some of distracting elements around the pier, but, it is raining today, so tomorrow morning might work out. This image of the pier was posted on Facebook today and then since I really like this image it is also going on the blog.

The image below was captured in Scotts Valley, Ca. on the drive to Yosemite last week. I stopped to visit a friend and this scene was in his backyard - could have sat around there all day but had to get moving on to Yosemite.
 I am going to be in Santa Monica for two more days - tomorrow is a drive up the coast circling back at some point to have lunch with friends in Pasadena.....have I mentioned how much I like the California coast.....

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're having a great trip Harry.
    I can see why you would want to stay in the backyard of your friends' place. I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete