Saturday, January 30, 2010

Old Time Rock and Roll

I was looking through  Ektachrome slides this morning and found some old rock and roll, circa 1970's images. During that time period I was shooting a lot of music images in New York City venues like The Academy of Music, Madison Square Garden and some of the smaller clubs.

The image of Black Oak Arkansas, above,  was done for Circus Magazine - they actually sent me out to Arkansas to visit Jim Dandy et all at their compound - yes compound -  they all lived together in a bungalow type environment. 'Jim Dandy to the Rescue'.........

The image below was captured during a video shoot in Indiana for John Mellencamp - the song was Human Wheels which was filmed in 1993 in and around Bloomington, Indiana. I was John's Tour Manager from 1984 through 1999 and always had a camera nearby for these moments.

I am hoping in the near future to get all of these older film captures scanned and cataloged.

No comments:

Post a Comment