Monday, March 1, 2010

Zion National Park


With my impending trip back to Zion next week I though to post this image from my first trip last November. November was the first time I had ever been in one of our National Parks and since then I have completely embraced this  American heritage. At the moment I am watching Ken Burns 6 part series on The National Parks and it truly is America's Best Idea.

I must admit the first trip was completely overwhelming to me both in the technical sense and even more so artistically. Basically I had no idea how to approach capturing the breadth and width of Zion - I am quite sure this is the same as someone visiting New York City for the first time and being overwhelmed by the scale of the new surroundings, the difference being that New York is man made and Zion has been around for millions of years.

Since then I have been able to visit  Death Valley, Yosemite and the Redwoods of Northern, California and have a plan to visit all the others in due course.

Anyway, even though fraught with a few technical glitches, here is one image from Zion. Hopefully on this next visit I will have the opportunity to re-capture this image with some newly learned skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment